PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Story / Ending (Spoilers Alert)

milni06
05-21-2010, 11:59 AM
So I finished the game last night and loved every second of it. I really enjoyed just about everything in the game from the cover system, to the story, the stealth and interrogations.

However, I was left a bit confused by the slightly flat ending. Now maybe I missed something along the way (considering I had a bit of a break between playing it I might have forgotten something), but after the credits you see Vic sitting as if captured and talking saying that Sam called him brother etc...

When was he caught though? Or wasthis a lead up to the next game?
Also, was Sam reunited with his daughter? She never features, no reunion, nothing?

bokka1
05-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I am sure they get reunited just before the last mission at the White House.

milni06
05-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Do they? I really can't remember it. I played up until the white house and then didn't play for a week or so, and I really can't remember that. Maybe I should go play that scene again.

As for Vic being caught though?

krYtHan
05-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I think it was just a way for the developers to tell the story. Leading up to Vic being saved. Worked well in my opinion.

OddSock
05-21-2010, 12:21 PM
they are reunited before the White house mission - and during his interrogation Vic mentions that Sam and his daughter went on holiday to catch up.

No word on how Vic was caught or how Sam knew where to find him...but they need a story for the next game, don't they?

milni06
05-21-2010, 12:24 PM
they are reunited before the White house mission - and during his interrogation Vic mentions that Sam and his daughter went on holiday to catch up.

No word on how Vic was caught or how Sam knew where to find him...but they need a story for the next game, don't they?

Ok thanks, clearly my memory is acting up. Will go play the scene again though.

I thought the whole Vic being caught had something to do with a lead up to the next game.
Now on to co-op for me :-)