User Tag List

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Hardware swapout procedure(NEW)

Gold Donator
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Xbox 360 Hardware swapout procedure(NEW)

As of 1 September:

Procedure for problems with Xbox 360 consoles (Local and UK imports) Updated for 1 September 2008
    1) Call Microsoft SA on 0800991550 and they will troubleshoot the machine with you. If they find that the machine is indeed faulty and can be replaced as per the warranty conditions, then they will give you a reference number.

2) Once you have the reference number you can contact MI Digital directly to make the necessary arrangements to collect and/or replace the unit. The contact number is (011) 997-5000 and the contact persons are Cathy or Bernice. You will also need to have your proof of purchase (from Take2 or any other retailer) on hand as it will be requested.

Please download the PDF file below to get the complete instructions what to do with regards to your faulty Xbox 360 Console.

http://us.take2.co.za/misc/xbox360warranty.pdf

Source Take 2.
    Check at the bottom of the page:
    Take 2 - Help - Returns

I pity the fool who doesn't believe - John 3:16

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Hennie For This Useful Post:

Angelis (03-02-2009), Apples ZA (09-16-2011), CHRONIC (08-27-2008), eXp[ZA] (08-27-2008), G3rri3 (10-07-2008), GeneralG (08-27-2008), GrootWillie (11-05-2008), Havok ZA (09-09-2008), InvUsrName (08-27-2008), Jonni (11-10-2008), KrustyThePirate (10-08-2008), LittleG (08-27-2008), NamSin (08-27-2008), PorkyCondom (12-18-2008), Rapham0n (11-07-2008), Roligov (12-07-2008), Schwartz ZA (08-28-2008), sgt-squall (08-27-2008), Shepherd L01 (10-21-2008), singularity2012 (08-06-2009), SinisterHealer (11-30-2008), StingRay999 (09-16-2008), Torquemada (03-23-2009), Uberutang (08-27-2008), xDISSENSIONx (11-18-2008), ZeroS (03-14-2009), Zombie Dredd (08-27-2008)

Banned BANNED Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredTagger Second Class

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is gonna work so much better and relieve all hassles totally. SA is finally going somewhere.

Silver Donator
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea if these units will be new or refurbished - and what will the warranty be on the MID swap out? I got a new slip from GAME with my RROD, and thus a new 3yr warranty. But if I'm correct the current MID procedure of paying R649 + shipping only gives you a 3 month warranty on the replacement unit.
    Also am I correct in assuming this service will be free (besides the R500 if they can't reach you)

If you can't run at 825m/s - you'd better be bulletproof

7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredTagger Second Class

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NamSin View Post
    Any idea if these units will be new or refurbished - and what will the warranty be on the MID swap out? I got a new slip from GAME with my RROD, and thus a new 3yr warranty. But if I'm correct the current MID procedure of paying R649 + shipping only gives you a 3 month warranty on the replacement unit.
    Also am I correct in assuming this service will be free (besides the R500 if they can't reach you)
    I think the units will probably be new as where would we get refurbished units? And I think you are correct in saying the service is free, the R500 only applies from the third attempt to reach you and onwards.

Silver Donator
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by proscrito View Post
    I think the units will probably be new as where would we get refurbished units?
    We'll I'm basing my suspicions purely on forum info ie
    http://www.xbox-360.co.za/forum/xbox...lacements.html
    and some others.

At the rate 360's are RROD'ing I'm sure they have a fixing process in place.

I also think this move is to minimize the losses they are taking from people keeping accessories during swap out and receiving a new set of controller / hdd / powerbrick etc
    as well as people trying their luck on non RROD swap outs after the 1st year

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NamSin View Post
    We'll I'm basing my suspicions purely on forum info ie
    http://www.xbox-360.co.za/forum/xbox...lacements.html
    and some others.

At the rate 360's are RROD'ing I'm sure they have a fixing process in place.

I also think this move is to minimize the losses they are taking from people keeping accessories during swap out and receiving a new set of controller / hdd / powerbrick etc
    as well as people trying their luck on non RROD swap outs after the 1st year
    Oh ok, I see. Because if they order new ones, then hard drives and controllers, etc are included but we get to keep ours so they would lose out.

As far as I know, they get refurbished units from Texas as they have a repair plant for PAL consoles.

Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what if you don't have proof of purchase? My Xbox died on me last night, I've had it since October 2006 and cannot find my proof of purchase...

Gold Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sfh_ View Post
    And what if you don't have proof of purchase? My Xbox died on me last night, I've had it since October 2006 and cannot find my proof of purchase...
    You will then be subject to a R684 handling fee.
    ---

Silver Donator
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sfh_ View Post
    I paid by CC and lost my receipt. GAME stores accepted a credit card statement as POP - wonder if MID will do same?
    Last edited by NamSin; 08-31-2008 at 08:04 AM.

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered100 Experience Points

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there. My xbox 360 elite RROD on me. My problem is that I called mi digital on friday august 29th and the lady told me to go to the retailer with my proof of purchase, then the responsible of the store (masstores dion in alberton) should call mi digital for the swap out authorization. They didn´t have any stock of xbox so gave me a coupon to go somewhere else. The thing is that everywhere is out of stock. Now they changed the swap out procedure and I only have the coupon but no console. Could somebody help me and tell me what to do??I can still use the coupon??If so do you know a place near alberton from the masstores chain that could have a xbox 360??

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information