User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skate 3 Demo is Live!

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered100 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by enxo View Post
    I love this game. I only played the hardcore mode - now the skaters can really do stuff that is physically possible in the real world, and no more flying around flipping 540s off a curb ...
    Awesome! So this is the skating game I've been waiting for - i loved skate, but felt they should've made changes (along the aforementioned lines) in skate2, so i never spent much time with it. Stoked to hear they've finally made it real.
    gonna have to pick this up now too...

Gonna walk around this town with a can of whiskey

The Dark Passenger Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The low/hi cam option was in skate 2 as well btw...
    lol, didn't even know that. I'm used to the low cam so that's cool. Wanna try hardcore mode too... is it a big difference?

The artist formerly known as rogueone Gold Donator
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered100 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardcore mode only for me from now on ( I realise this makes me sound like a total douche
    What does the hardcore mode do exactly?
    I mean how is it more difficult?

Ive played low angle and normal. I seem to have a better touch on this one as apposed to 2? or maybe its my immagination or something, but I didn't totally suck last night...

Damn Im amped for another session with ol Coach Frank

www.zombiegamer.co.za Twitter @zombiegamerZA @r0gue_z0mbie

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care about anything. All I'm happy about is that they added Darkslides. That makes it a day 1 purchase for me.

˙sɹəɥʇo uɐɥʇ ɹəʇʇəq ʇsnɾ 'ooʇ ɐɾuıu ɐ ɯɐ ı
    [1RED] . In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night
    http://twitter.com/flmboy

Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just did a 360 flip to nose slide on the big stadium rail, then from the nose slide did a nollie-flip to darkside catch back on the rail. On hardcore...

Rogue - HC mode is just a lot harder, the rails and curbs arent magnetic so it's really difficult to center your trucks onto them... your pop is lower, and you have to set up your tricks a lot more, so you have to crouch all the way down if you want to ollie onto stuff... Takes a lot of getting used to...but it's 10 times more rewarding and realistic...
    http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss99/feldmaus_photos/XBOX%20Live%20Signatures/OAPSig.jpg

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enxo For This Useful Post:

r0gue (04-16-2010), SpaWnNiNja (04-16-2010)

The artist formerly known as rogueone Gold Donator
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just did a 360 flip to nose slide on the big stadium rail, then from the nose slide did a nollie-flip to darkside catch back on the rail. On hardcore...

Rogue - HC mode is just a lot harder, the rails and curbs arent magnetic so it's really difficult to center your trucks onto them... your pop is lower, and you have to set up your tricks a lot more, so you have to crouch all the way down if you want to ollie onto stuff... Takes a lot of getting used to...but it's 10 times more rewarding and realistic...
    Sounds like the way to play then... but I think Ill have to work it out on medium for awhile, I need all the magnetism I can get

www.zombiegamer.co.za Twitter @zombiegamerZA @r0gue_z0mbie

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HC mode is just a lot harder, the rails and curbs arent magnetic so it's really difficult to center your trucks onto them... your pop is lower, and you have to set up your tricks a lot more, so you have to crouch all the way down if you want to ollie onto stuff... Takes a lot of getting used to...but it's 10 times more rewarding and realistic...
    You see, this sounds amazing, but then you go ahead and say this:

Sucks :(

Anyway, I'm a HUGE skate fan. Skate 1 was actually the reason I bought my 360. Being a skateboarder myself (more than 10 years), this series really, really appeals to me. I'll definitely be picking this one up
    Have a look at all my PC and Xbox 360case modding... DAEJAVOO.com
    Project: Paradigm (Xbox 360 Mod)

Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah man, when you do it, it takes so much effort and precision and so many tries that you think Rodney Mullen would be proud. He could do it IRL anyway I'm sure.

It's actually just a nose slide, then you just kinda underflip your board to darkslide, I described it too elaborately the first time... and it is not easy to do.

Has anyone gotten their videos on the web? I tried looking for mine on the skate 3 reel but it comes up empty. I uploaded the video of it - you can see what I mean...

ok it's up now

EA Skate : skate.Create

that's the heelflip underflip to noseslide I think...

and my skate 2 profile -

SkateReel2

I still love all the videos I put there, and loove my deck graphic.
    Last edited by enxo; 04-17-2010 at 12:33 AM.
    http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss99/feldmaus_photos/XBOX%20Live%20Signatures/OAPSig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information