User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have some more......

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I have some more......

......yes, you guessed it, Battlefield questions.

Do I need to set any region/server options on battlefield?

Up to now, I have been playing random online matches, where it seems to be a big free for all.
    In local squads, do you use any kind of game plan or tactics or is it more of the same?

Thankyouforyourpatience.

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered100 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Try to join on locals that are on your friends list.

You can do this either through "Friends" i think by pushing the back button, or go to the server browser and hit RB to show servers with friends on, look for a gap, or join a queue.

If you manage to get into a game with locals, check if they're in a party, join said party if there's space. That's how most of us communicate, in a party as opposed to in-game chat. Once in the party its just about talking (a lot of *** most of the time).

Hope that helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveStarRich For This Useful Post:

Andre E (01-18-2012)

Lag? What Lag? Achievements:
    7 days registeredYour first Group31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Change your regional settings to Europe only - these will give you the least latency.

I only play with 3 or so other locals - we play Conquest mostly - and we don't use any real 'tactics' other than capture all the flags and don't die. There is a lot more teamwork, eg. reviving and resupplying, but any tactics that are used just come from experience of what works to stay alive and capture the flags.

Add some of the more active local BF3 players, like DTF or T4HA, and join their games - they seem to sometimes have majority local player games. When you get in a squad with some, make sure you are in party chat with them to communicate with each other. Don't bother with T3C9 players, they're dicks.

All basic stuff really.
    IHYΛ. TECH-9. MNSTRM FGGT. MVGΛBΕ. CMPR DLX. BSTR4LYF. DCLXVI.

My LIVE Membership came from EVO points
    Recording gameplay: Say Thank You
    Stalk me: Facebook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to T3C9 DCLXVI For This Useful Post:

Styx ZA (01-18-2012)

I murdered me some Administrator in Festival of Gears 2011 Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

European servers have the lowest pings to connect to, you'll generally find 3 to 4 BAR servers under European.

You get 3 Server Modes:
    • Hardcore: A tougher game where you have no HUD, your health doesn't regenerate and getting the jump on an enemy guarantees you a kill.
    • Normal: What you're used to. Core servers with complete HUD, regenerating Health and lots of USAS-12g Frag rounds flying around.
    • Infantry: Exactly the same as Normal, just no Offensive Ground or Air vehicles.

You get 5 Game Modes:
    • Conquest: Here you assist a team in capturing and holding spawn points on a battlefield. Each spawn point (Flag) you have more than the opposite team drops the enemies points (Tickets). Every kill removes an enemy ticket and every revive restores one.
    • Rush: In this mode you have an Attacking and a Defending team. The Attacking team starts with limited Tickets that work the same as in conquest only there are no spawns to capture. Here the attacking team must blom up a series of M-Com Station sets to win. The defending team has unlimited tickets and must make sure the Attackers dont destroy the M-Com Stations.
    • Team Deathmatch: What it says on the box. The first team to reach the required amount of enemy kills or has the most kill when the timer runs out, wins.
    • Squad Deathmatch: Same principal as TDM, only here you have 4, 4 man squads pitted against each other. The squad to either reach the score limit or have the most kills when the timer runs out, wins.
    • Squad Rush: Boosting heaven for unfavorable types. Same as Rush, only here you have one squad of 4 men pitted against another squad of 4 men.

Everything else is self explanatory.

Xbox Live Community Ambassador
    Do Gaming Committee Member

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredVeteran
    Slumtown (if you live there, you know where it is).
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andre E View Post
    ......yes, you guessed it, Battlefield questions.

Do I need to set any region/server options on battlefield?

Up to now, I have been playing random online matches, where it seems to be a big free for all.
    In local squads, do you use any kind of game plan or tactics or is it more of the same?

Thankyouforyourpatience.
    As all have said, hit your start button in game to see where what maps the folk on your friends list are playing, join game, join party - Have fun!

Playing on your own when there's no-one to communicate with can be ok if you're wanting to bugger around or trying new stuff out but it gets mostly frustrating when you see some of the crazy, noobish stuff some people do.

Besides, all the SA people here (except me - I suck) are bloody good at this game and you learn tons and enjoy yourself while playing with them!

PS: What is your GT?

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience PointsOverdrive7 days registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest difference between joining some friends in a game and doing a random quick match is that it's much better to be able to chat to your squad and work together. Even if your tactics don't go further than saying things like "Look out to your left! Someone just killed me from there", "Chips for the sniper on the roof at 3 o' clock", "Crap, I'm dead, someone revive me!", "I need ammo! Gimme ammo!", and stuff like that, it's still a way better game than just running around by yourself. Even better if you can come up with a strategy. It's a game made specifically around teamwork, and it rewards you for working as a team.

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J-man View Post

PS: What is your GT?
    AndreMEls.

Stunt, hardcore really raped me today.

Shot for the tips from you and Potty.

Everything's running smoothly now, except my skills.

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points500 Experience Points31 days registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andre E View Post
    AndreMEls.

Stunt, hardcore really raped me today.

Shot for the tips from you and Potty.

Everything's running smoothly now, except my skills.
    Stunt and Potty helped me out in pre-BF3 days when I bought BC2 to prepare for the epicness of BF3. Much respect and thanks to you both chaps.

Yipee-kai-yay-Mo-Fo!

Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE RSA View Post
    Stunt and Potty helped me out in pre-BF3 days when I bought BC2 to prepare for the epicness of BF3. Much respect and thanks to you both chaps.
    Yeah, they are pretty helpfull. This noob is pushing level 37 today.

BTW, have you finished all the co-op missions? I remember doing the first one with you. I just have the last one left, but have unlocked all the weapons.

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points500 Experience Points31 days registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've still only done 1+2, I'd like to do more some time to unlock the weapons. Any help would be appreciated.

Yipee-kai-yay-Mo-Fo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information