User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BF3 Xbox patch out today! 3rd April 2012

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredVeteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jacovst View Post
    # There's a huge mortar glitch, I couldn't place it anywhere. (Tried on concrete, grass, roads, f-all)
    Were you in your team's spawn area? You can only place mortars in areas that aren't out of bounds for the enemy now ie. outside of the deployment

So far I'm loving the patch but I haven't experimented much yet. Only played some awesome 700 ticket Metro conquest and 1 "normal" match on Seine Crossing.

Tanks are way too soft. They should at least be buffed for RPG damage but I think 3 shots from another tank should be enough to blow one up.

I'm also finding it really hard to get claymore kills now since they disappear after you die.
    Last edited by milkman; 04-04-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Were you in your team's spawn area? You can only place mortars in areas that aren't out of bounds for the enemy now ie. outside of the deployment
    Yep, I believe I tried setting it up just after spawning, thanks

Achievements:
    Slumtown (if you live there, you know where it is).
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played a few rounds last night with a mate and things we noticed:

1. The engineer's AA missiles murder choppers at close range - locking time is faster
    2. Tanks are noticeably weaker
    3. They've added an exit button to the round summary screen!
    4. The map display and HUD icons are a lot crisper and easier to see.
    5. The guns I use don't feel as accurate on full auto, and I use the SCAR and KH2002 mostly which apparently were not changed. I'm still messing around with the attachments - trying out the flash suppressor for most maps and dropping the foregrip. I haven't been playing regularly though so I might just be out of practice!
    6. Tanks seem to spawn faster.
    7. There's no round start delay anymore
    8. My friend tried the USAS with frags and said it seems to have a slower rate of fire but didn't see a huge difference in its ability to get kills other than that. We didn't play metro though.

I murdered me some Administrator in Festival of Gears 2011 Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@jacovst , mortar's do work. I managed to pop off quite a few rounds with one last night. It's deployed the second I pulled the trigger. I think you might have still be inside the spawn area.

Big changes I've noticed that haven't been mentioned yet (hopefully):

• Flares have been nerfed - you have to counter a missile almost instantly for them to be even vaguely useful. Also the sound effect of an AA missile hitting your Jet has been upgraded and when you hear it, you will **** bricks.
    • Bipods are finally doing what they were meant to do. Going back to my BETA setup of choosing the bipod over a foregrip is definitely working for me after the patch.
    • The popular Foregrip+Suppressor combo has been nerfed and anything beyond about 50 yards is near impossible to hit. The Bipod+FlashSupp. combo seems to have replaced it.
    • RPG's one shot anything that flies!
    • Squad selections aren't preset anymore and has had a huge overhaul. You will only see actively created squads now and be allowed to create a new squad where you can set it's join-privacy and easily invite friends to it.
    • The mini-map now consists of depth detail included to buildings and terrain alike. Also the objectives and squad icons, be it a downed team-mate, an ammo bag or a spotted enemy is a lot easier to spot.
    • Infantry VO requests for ammo, health etc. is louder than it used to be.
    • Tank, IFV and Aerial vehicle homing missiles have been buffed - they almost one shot choppers and their wire routes have been improved.
    • All weapons now actually work like their real life counterparts, no more biotic-arms for our soldiers... You actually need a heavy barrel for mid to long range recoil reduction And I'm loving it!

Xbox Live Community Ambassador
    Do Gaming Committee Member

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stunt For This Useful Post:

Styx ZA (04-04-2012)

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered100 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to add this: The game seems more suited to hardcore now than ever before. It just feels "right". The weapon changes suit it very well. I would say the only thing I don't like is the nerfing they gave the foregrip.

Twitter: @Potty391
    Gamertag: PottyZA
    Steam: PottyZA

Hodor!! Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Potty391 and @Stunt

Could you please give a list of Pros and Cons for Hardcore vs Core.

Haters gonna hate. Potatoes gonna potate
    [OAP] 50th best COD:BO2 clan in South Africa

Achievements:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed something freaky in the sound department. When someone gets knifed close by it sounds almost as if it's right next to me but it could be outside the building, in a different room or even on a different floor.

Scares the crap out of me sometimes but could be a good warning system!

Sometimes the sound is out of sync when it happens. Like, I'll hear the sound, go investigate and then only see the guy getting knifed after the sound has finished

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered100 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Styx ZA View Post
    @Potty391 and @Stunt

Hmmmm, OK, I'll give it a shot. Stunt will probably come along and correct anything I say if it's wrong

Pro's:
    - Enemies die much more easily
    - Lag does not place you at a disadvantage
    - Gameplay tends to be a little slower and more tactical
    - If you see someone first, the chances of you losing that firefight is slim.
    - Bolt action snipers one-shot at close range (makes for some fun aggressive sniping), semi-auto takes 2-3, or one in the head.
    - You can only spawn on your squad leader, or on a captured point. This makes working as a squad more important (although admittedly, I fail at this sometimes)

Con's:
    - Some servers have an increased number of snipers, but with the latest patch they are easily countered (since they can't use the MAV as easily as before)
    - Vehicles are devastating (goes both ways)
    - You will probably die a lot more
    - Steep learning curve at first, it will take you a while to get back to your usual skill when you start playing HC, but after that you have the potential to play better than ever

Errr... that's all I can think of right now

Twitter: @Potty391
    Gamertag: PottyZA
    Steam: PottyZA

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Potty391 For This Useful Post:

Criptic (04-04-2012), Stunt (04-04-2012)

Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also noticed the silencer/ suppressor is now useless. Unless its very close quarters, mid to long range forget about it.

I murdered me some Administrator in Festival of Gears 2011 Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Styx ZA View Post
    @Potty391 and @Stunt

To add to what Potty has already shared:

PRO's:
    • A cleaner HUD - no weapon HUD aspect, health or crosshairs. The more you see, the better.
    • No killcams. Being sneaky actually counts for something and it makes a camping round a whole lot more enjoyable.
    • No Health regeneration. That oke you almost killed can't run around the block and come out fighting anymore, he's as good as dead. Makes revenge easier as well.
    • Everything has 60% of the core version health, so it's less effort to drop internationals on foot or in a vehicle.
    • Spotting is restricted to VO's and the minimap, they also don't last as long. This calls for good communication and thorough use of the compass and flanking.
    • Less kiddies and more cussing.

CON's:
    • Here's the thing about Hardcore. All the PRO's are also the CON's. You will suffer due to the steep learning curve HC holds over Core but I guarantee a much more enjoyable and realistic experience than Core. It's the way it was meant to be played.

Do Gaming Committee Member

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stunt For This Useful Post:

Criptic (04-04-2012), J-man (04-04-2012)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information