User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will they announce a new Xbox?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I sincerely hope so.

11 52.38%
  • Not a chance in hell.

9 42.86%
  • Bah, new Playstation ftw!

1 4.76%
  • Wii U and Me will live together happily.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think the new Xbox will be announced at E3?

Beware the Pink Gevaar! VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

According to Major Nelson, there will definitely not be new hardware announced at E3. Could be a ruse of course.

To all who have been speculating that the next-gen Xbox will be announced this year at E3… stop. Major Nelson has said via Twitter: “FYI: We don’t plan on discussing new #Xbox hardware at #E3 this year”.

That’s not to say that there won’t be a new console in 2013, it’s just that Microsoft plans to focus on the Xbox 360 this year – publicly at least.

In an article on Bloomsberg (referred to by Major Nelson in his tweet), David Dennis – a company spokesman – said via an email statement:

“There will be no talk of new Xbox hardware at E3 or anytime soon. For us, 2012 is all about Xbox 360.”
    [Source]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie Dredd For This Useful Post:

Potty391 (04-25-2012)

_ Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I honestly do not believe that the Wii U will be as big a success as Nintendo believes it will.
    I bet not a single member of this community plans on buying one.

I for one see absolutely no reason to get one. Why would I buy a console which is less (or even equal if it is) powerful than the 2 consoles I already have? Because of the console exclusives? You mean Mario or Zelda cause that’s how far Nintendo’s exclusives go.

If I am playing a game at home I want to play it on my 46” TV, not some small tablet with a screen that’s probably going to be lower res than the new iPad’s Retina Display screen?

I do own a Wii and it had more appeal to me than this Wii U has.

Again, MS and Sony do not consider the Wii U a threat. If they did, then they would have announced their next gen consoles already.
    Nintendo has no choice but to release a new console. I remember when my bro was still at Musica. Their Wii console sales dropped to almost nothing once Kinnect came out.
    The Deal BreakerFor Video Game deals, visit www.thedealbreaker.co.za. Also, like us on facebook..

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredCreated Album pictures
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cdaddy View Post
    The Wii U means less than ZERO to MS and Sony.
    **** I read on NG4 the other day a developer said that technically it is in fact LESS powerful than an Xbox 360… So MS and Sony knows they won’t be losing any gamers to it. I mean come on now, how many of us here are going to buy the stupid thing?
    If I want to play games on a tablet I will use my iPad thank you very much.

My prediction is: No announcements by either Sony or MS at this year’s E3 about anything next gen at all.

What I am really curious about going into the next gen is, will the PS4 and Xbox 720 again be quite evenly matched hardware wise, or will we see one being a lot more powerful than the other?
    The Wii was also less powerful than the Ps360 and we all know that it destroyed both in sales.

Look they don't have to say "Here's your ps4 and 720". But what would be nice is if they show some sort of tech demo that would give us an idea what the next gen consoles would be capable of.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to D4RKLING For This Useful Post:

krYtHan (04-26-2012)

Rōnin Gold Donator
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredCreated Album pictures
    Awards:
    Member of the Month
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I want to see what future tech can do. That's why I really want to see what the Wii U can do, especially Nintendo 1st party games.

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredVeteran
    uh... In front of the computer screen... DUH!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It won't happen. The last thing either of them would want would be to play their cards too early, thus giving their competition a massive advantage.

Rōnin Gold Donator
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Member of the Month
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think they will do an announcement, but it will be like the Kinect announcement. No gameplay but rather a teaser of what to expect.

Administrator
    Gold Donator
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well maybe I'm wrong.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...-loss-30-years
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17852137

We forgot about Apple. Apple is hurting Nintendo (and Sony) badly in the handheld market...which is largely the same as the Wii market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information