User Tag List

Thread: BF3 DLC help

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points31 days registered500 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default BF3 DLC help

Hey guys wondering if someone can help me. I bought the pass and downloaded the back to Karkand pack and update but I did it with my 360 off and now I can't seem to figure out how to install the new maps. I've tried the redownload and it just instantly tells me it's done but when I try to play a game on any of the dlc it tells me I need to buy it or install it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience PointsOverdrive7 days registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a multiplayer update that was called the Back To Karkand update or something, but it doesn't activate the maps unless you've put in the code from the LE version of the game, or purchased the Back To Karkand expansion. I think the online pass is just to get online with the game.

What they do with their updates is they bundle the extra maps in with a general patch, and make everyone download the entire 2GB or so, then everyone's on the same version of the game, but you can't use the maps unless you buy the expansion, or unlock it with a code, then that download to activate the maps is only a few KB.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MattW ZA For This Useful Post:

MJ INC (05-04-2012)

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points31 days registered500 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MattW ZA View Post
    There was a multiplayer update that was called the Back To Karkand update or something, but it doesn't activate the maps unless you've put in the code from the LE version of the game, or purchased the Back To Karkand expansion. I think the online pass is just to get online with the game.

What they do with their updates is they bundle the extra maps in with a general patch, and make everyone download the entire 2GB or so, then everyone's on the same version of the game, but you can't use the maps unless you buy the expansion, or unlock it with a code, then that download to activate the maps is only a few KB.
    Thanks mate. I did purchase the DLC for 600 points and downloaded the 108KB file for it and the update which was 1.1GB or so. But it doesn't seem to connect the two or what.

SA's #1 Speedtest.net user Achievements:
    Your first GroupRecommendation Second ClassRecommendation First Class7 days registered31 days registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Thanks mate. I did purchase the DLC for 600 points and downloaded the 108KB file for it and the update which was 1.1GB or so. But it doesn't seem to connect the two or what.
    There are 2 big updates.

The "Rent a Server" update is 1.1GB and then there is the "Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Update" which is 2.07GB.

The second 1 being the update with the maps.
    BF3 Stats

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience PointsOverdrive7 days registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, there have been a few big updates. Try do all of them that you can find. I don't think that you can join servers that are running on a different version to what you have installed. I hope you have a few GB's to spare

Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin360 SA View Post
    There are 2 big updates.

The "Rent a Server" update is 1.1GB and then there is the "Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Update" which is 2.07GB.

The second 1 being the update with the maps.
    Thanks. It hasn't given me an option for a 2GB download and hasn't asked. DO you know where I can find it on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by MattW ZA View Post
    Ya, there have been a few big updates. Try do all of them that you can find. I don't think that you can join servers that are running on a different version to what you have installed. I hope you have a few GB's to spare
    Uncapped Mweb helps

SA's #1 Speedtest.net user Achievements:
    Your first GroupRecommendation Second ClassRecommendation First Class7 days registered31 days registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Thanks. It hasn't given me an option for a 2GB download and hasn't asked. DO you know where I can find it on the list?

Uncapped Mweb helps
    Log into Xbox.com and go HERE, or on your console go to Game Add On's ---> BF3 ---> BF3 Multiplayer Update

Last edited by Quentin360 SA; 05-04-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    BF3 Stats

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Quentin360 SA For This Useful Post:

MJ INC (05-04-2012)

VIP Member
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just my 2c. I could not play on any of the maps untill I did the new "rent-a-server" update. Did that and all was fine again.
    www.zombiegamer.co.za A DreddedKitten and Rogue collaboration

Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin360 SA View Post
    Log into Xbox.com and go HERE, or on your console go to Game Add On's ---> BF3 ---> BF3 Multiplayer Update

Thanks mate I will give that a go when I get home

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information