User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bid or Buy Seller

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered100 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bid or Buy Seller

As a regular Seller and Buyer on Bid or Buy, it sometimes pisses me off when I see other Sellers trying to rip people off.

It gives Bid or Buy such a bad name, scaring people off on using the site. It is such a great website for me, so many genuine good Sellers and great bargains are found on this website.

I never had a bad experience with any Seller or the website (cause I always check their ratings first, before buying an item).

Look at this guy:

The gaming prices is just insane!

PS3 Skyrim for R1,872-20!!! WTF

Bioschock 1 for R994-00

PS3 Beijing 2008. R1,522-40

And there are many other insane prices.

How some people are able to sleep at night.......I don't know.
    Last edited by Diesel44; 05-04-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Raptr Gamercard

VIP Member
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know dude.... If somebody is stupid enough to buy Skyrim for over R1800 then I'm sure they didn't deserve that money in the first place.
    Also don't these guys just use automated scripted in scrape pricing off ebay and repost ads with markups?
    Don't speak unless you can improve on silence. ctor.co.za pregnantincapetown.co.za

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WrathZA For This Useful Post:

GrootWillie (05-08-2012), Quentin360 SA (05-04-2012)

VIP Member
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WrathZA View Post
    I don't know dude.... If somebody is stupid enough to buy Skyrim for over R1800 then I'm sure they didn't deserve that money in the first place.
    I understand the joke you're trying to make, but you don't actually think this do you?
    ..:: I sometimes post without thinking. If I say something stupid or offensive, please forgive me ::..
    Got a problem with the Trade Section ? PM me

Administrator
    Gold Donator
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What joke?

I also think if someone is stupid enough to pay that, they deserve to be ripped off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SauRoN For This Useful Post:

bokka1 (05-05-2012), Quentin360 SA (05-04-2012), WrathZA (05-08-2012)

VIP Member
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz ZA View Post
    I understand the joke you're trying to make, but you don't actually think this do you?
    It's no joke? I'd be quite happy to sell an xbox game to somebody for R1800... Find me a somebody that will do that and I'll prove it I once bought an xbox and 12 games from an idiot for R2000 then promptly sold the games for R2000 and the console for R2500. Not my fault he didn't know what he had nor was wasn't my friend. It's capitalism and survival of the fittest. It's not my place to educate everybody I meet.
    Don't speak unless you can improve on silence. ctor.co.za pregnantincapetown.co.za

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WrathZA For This Useful Post:

Criptic (05-08-2012), FiveStarRich (05-08-2012), Potty391 (05-08-2012), Quentin360 SA (05-08-2012), Sil3nt eck0 (05-24-2012), Styx ZA (05-08-2012)

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience PointsOverdrive7 days registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see those are all imports from Japan, which I guess accounts for the price. I don't know what the point of getting a Japanese version of the game is unless you have a region locked console or something though.

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered100 Experience Points

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sold for 4500 to 6600 yen in Japan. Their entertainment media is ridiculously expensive.

But yeah if people are stupid enough to fall for something like this then by all means.

On the other hand inflated prices are indeed bad for the market yes. Especially when there are people stupid or desperate enough to pay up. Monkey see and monkey do and before you know it the market is a mess. Cannot comment on games and cannot comment on SA's market either but as a figure collector I can tell you it takes only one or two inflated listings and another one or two people to see before becoming an average asking price.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayne For This Useful Post:

WrathZA (05-08-2012)

VIP Member
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    I can tell you it takes only one or two inflated listings and another one or two people to see before becoming an average asking price.
    Yay! Economics discussion :P

If the prices are inflated and people still purchase then the items were actually undervalued to begin with based on the fact the prices are just a representation of what the market will bear. If nobody buys them, then the market will rectify itself although that will take time which can be really annoying....

VIP Member
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a bit concerned by the fact that you think "stupidity" (should be lack of knowledge in the field) means that someone deserves to be scammed/tricked/be at a loss. It sounds like you are saying that the victim is to blame for the crime. As in, 'did she expect to not get raped wearing such ****** clothing?'. That is a very bad(imo) way of thinking.
    ..:: I sometimes post without thinking. If I say something stupid or offensive, please forgive me ::..
    Got a problem with the Trade Section ? PM me

Rōnin Gold Donator
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registeredCreated Album pictures
    Awards:
    Member of the Month
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz ZA View Post
    I am a bit concerned by the fact that you think "stupidity" (should be lack of knowledge in the field) means that someone deserves to be scammed/tricked/be at a loss. It sounds like you are saying that the victim is to blame for the crime. As in, 'did she expect to not get raped wearing such ****** clothing?'. That is a very bad(imo) way of thinking.
    Dude, nobody forced anybody to buy it. That is the biggest difference. Whereas in your example (and probably poorly chosen), the victim had absolutely no choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information